Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Busy being busy

Well, well, it seems I've left my little blog unattended. I was busy getting married, looking for seasonal work  and volunteering my time for a good cause. Oh, not to mention selling my Mary Kay for the holidays.


So you may now call me Mrs. Culver -- that handsome gent would be my husband Brian.(It was at the Harris' Pelham Inn in New Hampshire.) I can't speak highly enough of my vendors, the cake was from Frederick's Pastries, the flowers from Petals Inc, the DJ & uplighting were from AllStar Entertainment, my photographer was Elaine Donahue and the videography was by Visual Excellence Video.




The seasonal work is simply because it's there, but also I sometimes find it's a great way to gain new skills without the commitment of a permanent job. (I've primarily learned cashiering but also various sales techniques, how bookstores are organized, the best way to rotate stock and face the product and in general learning what the customer really wants.)

The volunteer work, is an extension of the American Cancer Society Relay for Life I walked last year. If you scroll back one entry -- to this summer. You'll see that I am both a cancer survivor and caretatker (my dad was diagnosed with the same cancer 14 years after me.) Now I'm the team co-captain and have decided to take on a leadership role by being part of the Relay Committee for our town as well as the Team Development Chair (coordinating all the team captains for our event) this year. If you want to know more check out this site and find a relay near you. http://www.relayforlife.org/

I would be remiss to mention my Mary Kay business. Not to sell you anything but to let you know I'm doing an adopt a grandparent program. I have an association with the activities director at Wingate Healthcare nursing homes in Needham and Sudbury (they were nice enough to invite me to their holiday craft fairs) so I figured it was time to give back. Most of these folks don't have visitors or even get gifts during the holidays. So I'm looking for folks to be sponsors for $20 your "Grandparent" will get a mint foot lotion, satin hands lotion and warm fuzzy socks all nicely packaged with a bow. (I'm matching all gifts by donating my profits.) My goal is to give 120 of these, so I really need your help. Please contact me for more information: KRoseCarol@marykay.com (781-816-7465)


1 comment:

  1. It was one of the best weddings I've been to. beautiful classy just down right great.

    ReplyDelete