Thursday, January 12, 2012

Would you buy skincare from a vending machine?

No, I would not. I'd still go to a store or a beauty consultant before resorting to a vending machine. 


In it's defense, if you've already consulted with a dermatologist, then perhaps when you need a "refill" this might be a good thing. 


But there's something so impersonal about using a machine that just doesn't seem right.




I saw this a the mall and decided to look at how it works. You use the touch screen and pay with a major credit card. They provide an 800 number if you have any questions or problems. The same number for "consultation" is used for if you have any problems with the product, such as needing to return it. 


I will give them kudos for their policy that if you're not happy with it, you can send back the half-empty bottles for a refund.Very few places will let you do that, so they must believe in the quality of their product.


I noticed that other skincare brands have not jumped on this bandwagon yet. I guess it works better for iPhones and other items (often found at airport terminals and hotel gift shops.)

No comments:

Post a Comment